18 Things to do in Forsyth ParkBy Teresa Cowart in Blog,Savannah Area. Tagged: Attractions • Family Friendly • Forsyth Park • Savannah
One of the reasons that Savannah is named “The Most Beautiful City in America” is because of the many parks! Forsyth Park has become one of the most popular places to visit in Savannah and for good reason. Not only is it breathtaking even on a rainy day, the fountain at the north end of the park is reminiscent of fountains in the Place de la Concorde in Paris and in Cuzco, Peru!
Forsyth Park’s 30 acres is open year-round and is located in Savannah’s Historic District. It has long been the scene of Civil War re-enactments and a spot where famous movies have been filmed such as Forest Gump and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.
The beauty of Forsyth Park is second to none and has become the backdrop for countless pictures, weddings, and fun times spent with family and friends!
Things to do in Forsyth Park
1. Take pictures along one of the many walking paths.
2. Visit the cafe.
3. Bring your kids to the children’s play area.
4. Get married.
5. Visit the Fragrant Garden for the blind, which was renovated in 2002.
6. Stand in the middle of the park and visit the Confederate Memorial.
7. Visit and take pictures of the Forsyth Fountain (if you’re here around St. Patrick’s Day, the fountain water is green!).
8. Play tennis.
9. Play basketball.
10. Play soccer.
11. Play frisbee.
12. If your timing is right, see a concert.
13. Take a romantic walk with your sweetheart under the draping Spanish moss.
14. Read the placards in the squares to learn the history behind them.
15. Bring lunch and have a picnic.
16. Take your dog for a walk.
17. Nature watch.
18. Discover the true natural beauty of Savannah!
Whether you’re a resident or someone who’s thinking of visiting our beautiful Savannah, Forsyth Park should be on your list of must-see’s! It’s a spectacular park and I can promise you won’t be disappointed!
Photo Attribution: By Jennifer Morrow from San Francisco (Forsyth Park Fountain Uploaded by Gary Dee) [CC BY 2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
More Articles for Home Buyers
More Articles for Home Sellers
Thanks for reading my blog! It is my goal as your full service real estate Realtor specializing in the Richmond Hill, Savannah, Pooler, and Hinesville – Georgia areas, to provide you with exceptional service at all times. My promise to you is to openly and honestly answer all your questions, help you navigate through the process and to make myself available to you day and night. I work for you and you are my priority. My local expertise and extensive real estate training and experience will benefit you whether you are serious about buying or selling a home at this time, or are a returning client checking out the many homeowner resources I offer. I am a “real” person and my reputation depends on every client, every deal, every day. I LOVE my job and it shows! You can also connect with me on my Facebook Page and/or Google Plus for area info and events, things to do, real estate news, home ownership tips, tips for both buyers and sellers, and so much more! I’m also on Pinterest!